Diigo Bookmarks 12/28/2019
- CSS: When to Use Logical Properties · Jens Oliver Meiert
"Logical properties may turn into a best practice, but not using logical properties may actually never turn into a bad practice for projects of only one directionality."
- How to enable dark mode in HTML email: everything you need to know.
"The dark text on dark background issue will happen with email clients that do support dark mode but don't support prefers-color-scheme. That is Outlook, Windows 10 Mail, Zoho, and potentially Gmail."
- CSS resize none on textarea is bad for UX - Catalin Red
"For whatever reason, people seem to be passionate about removing the textarea resize handle using the CSS resize: none declaration. Also, GitHub says there are more than 3 million code results in the wild for textarea with CSS resize:none applied."
- Web Performance Calendar » Developing the Largest Contentful Paint Metric
"In Chrome 77, we released the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) metric which we feel measures when the main content of the page is displayed. I wanted to give some background on the metric and how it was developed."
- Making data tables more accessible - Benjy Stanton
"We met an accessibility expert who had Nystagmus. This is an eye condition which can lead to involuntary eye movement. Vertical borders helped this person to read complex tables."
- How accessible is the HTML video player? - Scott Vinkle
"I feel, based on the results of testing each player (and comparing to my own Accessible Video Player project), that relying on native video players should be used with caution. This is my opinion stemming from experience, but I found most to have poor keyboard and screen reader support, which may lead to frustrated users."