Diigo Bookmarks 12/20/2019
- Chromium Blog: Chrome 80, Content Indexing, ES Modules and More
"Chrome is now auto-upgrading HTTP content in HTTPS sites by rewriting URLs to HTTPS without falling back to HTTP when secure content is not available. In this version of Chrome only audio and video content are so treated."
- Understanding positioning in CSS
"During the workshop, he posed the question of why just applying position: sticky alone on an element doesn't work. And this gave me the idea to do another CSS property deep dive"
- CSS: An Art, a Science, a Nightmare (Everything You Should Know) - Tania Rascia
"I'm going to go over some of the parts of CSS that are important on a daily basis, and give some of tips and tricks I've come to learn over the years."
- Web DNA Report 2019 | MDN
"What are the Top 10 Frustrations for Web Developers and Designers? Lessons from the 2019 MDN Developer Needs Assessment."
- A guide to interface design for older adults - UX Collective
"While younger users may be more likely to skip onboarding screens, older users will likely pay more attention to them, reading all instructions before clicking."
- CSS Grid Is Not a Replacement for Flexbox
"In the flexbox example, when the width of the parent container decreases, the wrapped element becomes centered relative to the parent container. When the same resizing action is done in the grid example, the element wraps onto the next line, but it cannot be centered relative the the parent container."