Diigo Bookmarks 12/18/2019
- Why is an Agency the Perfect Place to Observe and Improve Digital Accessibility? - 24 Accessibility
"At C&T, we integrated a basic WCAG A level minimum into our web development Scopes of Work (SOWs) by default."
- Web Accessibility cases and settlements in 2019 - Maxability
"Plaintiffs filed 5,592 federal ADA Title III lawsuits in first 6 months of 2019. Among this large numbers are web accessibility cases. The web accessibility cases count roughly to 22% of overall ADA Title III cases. If the trend continues, it is expected to cross 10,000 cases with an approximate increase of 7% from 2018."
- Design APIs: The Evolution of Design Systems || Matthew Ström: designer & developer
"The increasing popularity of design tokens and the drive towards a standard format for design systems mean that design APIs are just around the corner. These rich APIs will enable what I call networked design systems."
- The Origin Story of Container Queries--zachleat.com
"I'm curious: is this length of time customary for a new feature of the web platform? Or is something else going on?"
- How accessibility and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) impact us all | Deque
"All consumers in California have these rights, including people with disabilities. So, the CCPA required processes for knowing, deleting and opting out of the sale of personal information must meet digital accessibility standards."
- The Order of CSS Classes in HTML Doesn't Matter | CSS-Tricks
"the markup is just reading the CSS in the order that it's written -- the cascade wins in this example."
- Call to action: HTML needs more native rich widgets - Marco's Accessibility Blog
"We should move away from the "ARIA will fix it" mentality and put more effort into "Let's give web authors more accessibility out of the box for richer components", so those sad figures of 97% of inaccessible sites will hopefully drop to a much more satisfactory number in the next five years."