Diigo Bookmarks 12/02/2019
- Another Blue Beanie Day | Zeldman on Web & Interaction Design
"Mainly, though, Blue Beanie Day is receding from view because our industry as a whole thinks less and less about accessibility (not that we ever had an A game on the subject), and talks less and less about progressive enhancement, preferring to chase the ephemeral goal posts of over-engineered solutions to non-problems."
- Blocks UI
"A JSX-based page builder for creating beautiful websites without writing code. Blocks comes with built-in components that are carefully designed and implemented with Theme UI."
- Making a Better Custom Select Element ◆ 24 ways
"sometimes, I can't recommend the select input as a replacement. We want a way for someone to choose an item from a list of options, but it's more complicated than just that."
- Web Development Advent Calendars for 2019 | Adrian Roselli
"Web developers around the world have celebrated Christmas with advent calendars covering web-related topics. As a result, you may recognize some of the ones listed below."
- Microsoft went all in on accessible design. This is what happened afterwards
"The tech giant took a big step by developing an Xbox controller for people with disabilities. Now that work is leading to changes in the industry at large."
- Adactio: Journal--Accessibility on The Session revisited
"Maybe this time I'll learn my lesson: don't mess with ARIA attributes you don't understand."
- 13 Design Patterns for Autocomplete Suggestions (27% Get it Wrong) - Articles - Baymard Institute
"Our 2019 benchmark reveals that search autocomplete is now offered at 96% of major e-commerce sites, up from 72% in 2014, where we first started benchmarking e-commerce search implementations from the 60 largest online retailers."