Diigo Bookmarks 11/29/2019
- Web Scraper | The easiest way to scrape data from any website
"Our web scraper enables anyone to extract information from any websites Select the data you want to scrape and let our servers do the work."
- Labels are a last resort
"The problem with this approach is that it makes it difficult to present the data with any sort of hierarchy; every piece of data is given equal emphasis."
- Print To CSS | Website and blog of Front-end developer and web designer, Dan Davies
"I'm a huge fan of magazine layouts, the use of typography, the structures, just the general look. I also love CSS Grid and as part of my learning, I have been looking at magazines for inspiration so I decided to merge the two things together and recreate some of the print work that I've seen and liked."
- Is your website ready for holiday shopping? | Deque
"While most businesses prepare by improving their security and site performance measures, if your site or app isn't accessible to people with disabilities, you could be missing out on a significant market share or be at risk for legal complaints."
- Bruce Lawson's personal site : Checklist to avoid the most common accessibility errors
"This isn't a comprehensive guide to accessibility, but we'll look at ways to avoid the most common accessibility errors identified by the WebAIM accessibility analysis of the top 1,000,000 home pages, and the HTTPArchive 2019 Web Almanac analysis of 5.8 million pages."
- 10 ways to help Accessibility at Conferences as a speaker | a11y with Lindsey
"Accessibility isn't about coding (even though this blog talks mostly about coding). Accessibility is about people. Accessibility is about including and protecting people in minoritized groups."
- The Firefox UI is now built with Web Components - Brian Grinstead
"A couple of weeks ago, we landed a commit that took years of effort at Mozilla. It removed "XBL", which means we've completed the process of migrating the Firefox UI to Web Components."