Diigo Bookmarks 10/16/2019
- Designing accessible color systems
"When designing an accessible color system, using a perceptually uniform color model (like CIELAB) helped us understand how each color appears to our eyes as opposed to how it appears to a computer."
- Can we please style the control?! | Greg Whitworth
"One reason we're already aware of is that desktop based <select> elements are able to escape the browser UI. Keeping this and still offerring complete styling isn't possible as it introduces a security risk."
- Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium - Microsoft Edge Blog
"Since we began work on the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, we've been investigating ways to modernize form controls to provide a modern appearance as well as the touch friendliness and accessibility that our users expect from Microsoft Edge today."
- Heading levels -- Anne's Blog
"The simpler algorithm only looks at ancestors for a given heading and effectively only does so for h1 (unless you use hgroup)."
- Google's Robots.txt Parser is Misbehaving | Distilled
"In summary, we have no way of knowing what real Googlebot will do in every situation"
- Complete Guide to Responsive Images! - Elad Shechter - Medium
"The Width Descriptor Method and the Size Attribute: This method is suited for images whose width changes according to the viewport size and our responsive breakpoints. This case is the most common in responsive websites."