Diigo Bookmarks 08/14/2019
- Why a cookie-cutter design system won't work for your organization - Abstract
"The bottom line is that trying to Frankenstein everything together from other places will leave you with something less desirable: an ineffective (but very organized!) design system."
- Superposition: Use the design system you already have
- The 3-Click Rule for Navigation Is False
"Although limiting the amount of effort required to access key information or to accomplish a task is important, the 3-click rule is arbitrary. There is nothing inherent about 3 clicks as a magical threshold before users will get frustrated."
- Under-Engineered Toggles Too | Adrian Roselli
"For a <button> to act as a toggle, you will have to flip the value of aria-pressed from true to false and vice versa."
- Accessibility Program Fundamentals: Choosing the right accessibility metrics | Deque
"Defining the right accessibility metrics lay the foundation for an efficient culture of accessibility. The right metrics will provide the necessary insight to target and tackle a backlog of accessibility issues while prioritizing compliance and improving the accessibility skills of your development teams."
- Create custom keyboard accessible radio buttons | a11y with Lindsey
"1. Creating proper HTML structure with associated form labels! 2. Using pseudo-elements to create the custom-styled element 3. Accounting for the :checked pseudo-class 4. Ensuring you can focus on the new radio button 5. Use opacity: 0 to hide the radio button"