Diigo Bookmarks 08/03/2019
- The Real Dark Web
"We need boring. Boring is what gives stability. Boring is what allows web teams to concentrate on building robust websites, and focussing on user needs. Boring is what allows teams to produce elegant long-life solutions that do not need to be babysat and stroked by a magical engineering gnome."
- Accessibility Strategies for Your Content Team | Deque
"As content creators, we are the stewards of our organization's public face. We are responsible for the first impressions our users come away with. We may have limited control over our site's accessibility, but the impact we can have on accessibility is significant."
- How much specificity do @rules have, like @keyframes and @media? | CSS-Tricks
"It is red in Firefox, but it's green in Chrome. So that's a funky thing to watch out for. (It's been a bug since at least 2014 according to Estelle Weyl.)"
- Establish network connections early to improve perceived page speed | web.dev
"Browser support for dns-prefetch is slightly different from preconnect support, so dns-prefetch can serve as a fallback for browsers that don't support preconnect."
- O'Reilly publishes Modern Web Development on the JAMstack | Netlify
"Happily, starting today, we are able to offer Modern Web Development on the JAMstack for free as either a digital download, or a physical book."
- Design tools are holding us back - UX Collective
"I hear the same phrase from designers: "I don't understand why my designs aren't developed like the mockups". One of the main reasons for that is the total separation of the tooling from the medium we're designing for."
- The Modern Front-End Design System Stack | Jxnblk
"As a front-end developer, I'd like to share some of the tooling that I've found to be helpful when building out the components and code portion of a design system in modern applications."