Diigo Bookmarks 07/11/2019
- axe-core 3.3 is Here! | Deque Company News & Updates
"This week the Deque team released version 3.3 of axe-core. With this release, axe users will find new accessibility testing rules, improved performance, and numerous bug fixes. Read on for more axe-core 3.3 details."
- Amazing Facts and Figures About the Evolution of Hard Disk Drives - Pingdom Royal
"This article looks back at how hard disk drives have evolved since they first burst onto the scene in 1956. We'll examine the radical changes over time for three different aspects of HDDs: size, storage space, and price."
- Testing Picture-in-Picture for videos in Firefox 69 Beta and Developer Edition - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"Picture-in-Picture allows you to pop a video out from where it's being played into a special kind of window that's always on top. Then you can move that window around or resize it however you need!"
- The Atlas of Moons
"Our solar system collectively hosts nearly 200 known moons, some of which are vibrant worlds in their own right. Take a tour of the major moons in our celestial menagerie, including those that are among the most mystifying--or scientifically intriguing--places in our local neighborhood."
- Toast UI element - Chrome Platform Status
"Modern web applications have grown in the scale of what actions they can offer, to the point where clear feedback is an essential part of a complete, accessible web experience. Toast UI elements are a common way to provide this feedback, and a variety of libraries exist to provide toasts."
- WAI-ARIA: Top 6 Mistakes to Avoid | Deque
"All of these mistakes can be caught through automated testing by simply using axe, Deque's free testing tool."
- Firefox 68: BigInts, Contrast Checks, and the QuantumBar - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"With Firefox 68, the Accessibility panel can now report any color contrast issues with text on a page. More checks are planned for the future."