Diigo Bookmarks 07/06/2019
- Why did we need another accessibility standard? - the birth of ISO 30071-1 - Hassell Inclusion
"This is the reason many people in countries like Japan, where ensuring digital products can be used by the older population has always been a key consideration, have wanted BS 8878 to be an international Standard since it was published."
- Apple wants to kill the ad industry. It's forcing developers to help.
"Apple anonymizes the user's email address and identity almost entirely, so the developer never receives their real details."
- Baking accessibility into components: how frameworks help
"Let's assume we've worked hard on very accessible and usable 'internals', ran user tests and are confident that they are good. Then re-usability is a great thing, because the people who reuse, don't need to worry about the internals. Like they wouldn't worry about the internals of a video element when they use that."
- SpeedCurve | Getting started with web performance? Here's what you need to focus on.
"One of the most effective ways to fight performance regression is to integrate performance testing into your continuous delivery process. This is a natural extension of using performance budgets in an ongoing, meaningful way."
- In defence of graceful degradation and where progressive enhancement comes in by Adam Silver, designer based in London, UK.
"Graceful degradation and progressive enhancement have the same objective--to create robust, accessible and broad-reaching solutions that work for everyone no matter their choice of browser."
- How Google Pagespeed works: Improve Your Score and Search Engine Ranking
"The speed of your site on mobile will affect your overall SEO ranking. If your pages load slowly, it will reduce your ad quality score, and ads will cost more."