Diigo Bookmarks 07/04/2019
- Internet Explorer 3, an adventure in cross-browser compatibility
"The point of this experiment was to build a website on a single codebase that still looks decent on any browser. To be fair, "any" is a pretty tall order, and so is "decent", so I put out the disclaimer that this experiment would either end up being spectacular, or fail spectacularly."
- Menus with "Dynamic Hit Areas" | CSS-Tricks
"Amazon doesn't really have menus like this anymore (that I can see), and perhaps this is one of the reasons why. But in the past, they've used this hit area technique. We could call them "dynamic hit areas" because they were drawn based on the position of the parent element and the submenus"
- Cloudflare Outage: A Case for Better CDN Reliability - Digital Experience Monitoring | Catchpoint
"Considering the growing complexity of the digital space, the fact that outages can happen anytime is enough reason to do everything it takes to mitigate the impact of such incidents. And while Cloudflare was able to respond to the incident relatively quickly with quick detection and repair, there's no telling how long the next one will be."
- Shifting the Performance Burden | Filament Group, Inc.
- How we Grew our Design System Over 5 Years of Design Experimentation
"As we already had an existing component structure from our previous technical framework, we decided to keep its philosophy and reduce the 5 original levels of Atomic Design to 3: components, patterns and templates / widgets (embedding APIs and ready to use in production)."