Diigo Bookmarks 06/22/2019
- The Anatomy of Accessible Forms: Required Form Fields | Deque
"If possible, provide an asterisk (*) in the label with appropriate alt text as required. If an asterisk symbol is being used, be sure to also use HTML5 or ARIA required attributes on the form fields."
- Marking Required Fields in Forms
"After this article was published, we received a few questions about the accessibility of the asterisk as a required-field marker. In HTML 5, it is possible to add markup to the form field to instruct screen readers to say the word "required" whenever they encounter an asterisk next to the field label."
- Accessible Design and Culture: Why it's Better for Business and All Your Users | Voices.com
"Beyond it benefiting everyone, the web and other communication technologies must be accessible to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities, according to the UN Convention on the Right of Persons with Disabilities. It's a basic human right."
- Web Components Tutorial for Beginners  - RWieruch
- Introducing the new HTML element - welcomee <clippy>! - Terence Eden's Blog
"For old fart like me, this feels like the Microsoft Internet Explorer days. MS dumping features onto the web and everyone had to do what they say because they're the biggest kid in the playground. I think the chaps at Google probably think they're the good guys. That they're doing the web a favour. That users love them."
- Chromium and the browser monoculture problem - DEV Community
"I'd love to see a common browser engine controlled by an independent nonprofit foundation, like the Python Software Foundation, including (though not primarily made of) a few representatives from each participating browser vendor."