Diigo Bookmarks 06/08/2019
- The CSS Mindset | Max Böck - Frontend Web Developer
"For most people who write CSS professionally, the mindset just comes naturally after a while. Many developers have that "aha!" moment when things finally start to click. It's not just about knowing all the technical details, it's more about a general sense of the ideas behind the language."
- Using DevTools to Improve the UX Design to Development Process | CSS-Tricks
"I am definitely not suggesting that UX designers become developers, but at the very least, I think designers would benefit by becoming comfortable with a basic understanding of what is currently possible with CSS and best practices in HTML."
- Android v iOS market share - 2019 - mobiForge
"In Canada, iOS lost over 10% share. It also lost over 12% in Egypt, 14% in Ireland, 9% in Italy and Japan, and a concerning 18.17% in Portugal. There were some gains, though, such as 11.65% in Malaysia, where Android had enjoyed almost 90% market share in 2018."
- Web Accessibility In Context -- Smashing Magazine
"Until (or unless) machine learning approaches become more mature, an accessible web depends on the API based on the accessibility tree. This is a robust solution, but taking advantage of the assistive tech built into browsers requires people building sites to be aware of them."
- Building the most inaccessible site possible with a perfect Lighthouse score - Manuel Matuzović
"My intention with this post was not to diss Lighthouse or axe-core, the engine behind Lighthouse. I use both tools regularly and I'm glad I have them. This post is about you and me. Scores indicate the quality of our apps and sites, but we must not trust these numbers blindly. We have to understand that automatic testing is just a first step."
- The Anatomy of Accessible Forms: The Problem with Placeholders | Deque
"According to the research conducted by Nielsen, it is not best practice to have a placeholder in the form field from a user experience perspective. This is because many users are confused by placeholders."
- Diez - Cross-platform design system framework for native iOS, Android, and Web
"Diez makes it easy to adopt a unified design language across codebases, platforms, and teams."