Diigo Bookmarks 05/11/2019
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to land on display at Space Center Houston | collectSPACE
"Space Center Houston, the visitor center for NASA's Johnson Space Center and a Smithsonian affiliate museum, has announced it will display the twice-flown Falcon 9 first stage beginning this summer."
- Dark Mode in Web Inspector | WebKit
"Dark Mode in Web Inspector was introduced in Safari Technology Preview last year. This article highlights implementation details which could be helpful for anyone adapting Dark Mode for their websites or web views."
- I'm Running for the W3C Advisory Board | Aaron Gustafson
"when a handful of my colleagues reached out to see if I'd consider running for the W3C Advisory Board, I was... well... speechless. What an honor it is to be nominated, especially out of the blue like that!"
- kkuchta/css-only-chat: A truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend
- Embedding Accessibility into the DevOps Process - DevOps.com
"In summary, organizations that demonstrate a commitment to accessibility through their digital products and services will have a natural advantage in an increasingly competitive market space."
- Inside Microsoft's surprise decision to work with Google on its Edge browser - The Verge
"Microsoft then spent months doing a serious review of what it would take to even consider moving Edge to Chromium, as it was a big shift in the way the company typically does things. "We did a little bit of a roadshow," explains Belfiore. "We went and met with Bill Gates, we went and met with Kevin Scott, our CTO who came from LinkedIn, and Reid Hoffman who was on our board." The team also met with Nat Friedman, who is now the company's GitHub CEO."