Diigo Bookmarks 05/05/2019
- Create a responsive grid layout with no media queries, using CSS Grid - Andy Bell
"Embracing the flexible nature of the web gives us powerful, resilient front-ends, where instead of using specific sizes, we give elements sensible boundaries and let them auto-fill where possible. I embrace this mentality as much as possible and roll utilities out like this one for grid layouts"
- Using the Chrome UX Report on PageSpeed Insights | web.dev
"A percentile is a measure used in statistics indicating the value below which a given percentage of observations in a group of observations fall. For example, the 20th percentile is the value below which 20% of the observations may be found."
- My own, personal, PWA | Aaron Gustafson
"While we often think of PWAs as being something we build for others, I'm totally stoked that I can also add PWA functionality that's just for me (or, more broadly, internally-focused)."
- Breaking to a new row with flexbox | Tobias Ahlin
"inserting line-breaking flex items is approachable and easy to grok, it works, and the technique comes with some unique characteristics that may come in handy."
- Why Page Speed Scores can be Dangerous - MachMetrics Speed Blog
"The reality is that these scores are estimates of how well your site implements performance best practices. These best practices can make your site faster, but they don't always. And they usually come at a cost of higher maintenance for your development team if not done properly."
- Building accessible websites and apps is a moral obligation | Go Make Things
"I would love more human-readable documentation on how to accessibility structure advanced components. Dave Rupert's A11Y Nutrition Cards are a great start, but we need more, and it shouldn't be on Dave alone to build stuff like that."