Diigo Bookmarks 04/27/2019
- Diagonal Containers in CSS | CodyHouse
"In this tutorial, we'll take a look at how to create full-width, diagonal sections in CSS using the clip-path property."
- Fading out siblings on hover in CSS | Trys Mudford
"Here's a tiny trick for making your hover states stand out, and also a cool way to target the siblings of the thing you're hovering over."
- We Built A Broken Internet. Now We Need To Burn It To The Ground.
"The promise of the internet was that it was going to give voice to the voiceless, visibility to the invisible, and power to the powerless. That's what originally excited me about it. That's what originally excited a ton of people about it. It was supposed to be an engine of equality."
- Top 5 Questions Asked in Accessibility Trainings | Deque
"as I like to rephrase it (as I try my best to sound like Brad Pitt in the 1999 movie Fight Club): "First rule of ARIA is: do not use ARIA.""
- Creating an aspect ratio CSS utility - Andy Bell
"The [class*=''] selector looks for elements that contain whatever you put in the quotes. It's handy for querying parts of a selector when you're not 100% sure of an element's construction."
- Reading Order Bookmarklet | Adrian Roselli
"The bookmarklet will ask you for a selector and to choose between flex or grid (you can choose other display properties, but I did not test them). Make sure you are at the top of the page when you run the bookmarklet."
- Unintentionally tabling table semantics | scottohara.me
"I feel like I have a knack for finding bugs and uncovering oddities in how HTML and/or ARIA is exposed to browsers' accessibility trees."