Diigo Bookmarks 04/13/2019
- XPRIZE Foundation Awards $1 Million 'Moonshot Award' To SpaceIL | XPRIZE
"XPRIZE will recognize SpaceIL's achievement with a $1 million Moonshot Award for its successful entry into lunar orbit and for its attempt to land on the lunar surface - both of which are "firsts" for a privately-funded entity, marking a new era in space exploration."
- Google AMP lowered our page speed, and there's no choice but to use it - unlike kinds
"AMP is an open source project. That evokes images of open, honest, collaboration amongst equals. But that's not what's happening. For a start, anyone contributing to AMP is required to sign a contributor license agreement (CLA) for their code to be accepted into the project."
- So you've 'seen' the black hole. Now for the interesting bit - how all that raw data was stored • The Register
"The images from the eight telescopes were collected over five nights from 5-11 April in 2017. Observations were triggered when the weather was favourable, with each telescope generating about 350TB of data a day."
- Can I Stop
"Free yourself from Internet Explorer 11 in places where (almost) nobody uses it."
- Opera introduces Reborn 3, the first desktop browser with Web 3, faster VPN and ad blocker - Opera Desktop
"Opera is the only browser which features a built-in VPN service. This is a feature we have been offering for a while but we now have made it much faster."
- Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2019
"Of the top countries on our survey, China has developers that are the most optimistic, believing that people born today will have a better life than their parents. Developers in Western European countries like France and Germany are among the least optimistic about the future."