Diigo Bookmarks 03/30/2019
- HookyQR/VSCodeMinify: Add minify function to VSCode 0.10+
"Minify your js, css and html files to save transmit bandwidth."
- wojciechsura/easysass: Easy Sass extension for Visual Studio Code.
"Automatically compiles SASS/SCSS files to .css and .min.css upon saving. You may also quickly compile all SCSS/SASS files in your project."
- Displaying the (Numeric) Value of CSS Custom Properties (CSS Variables) inside Generated Content - Bram.us
"Nice hack by Cassie: she uses counter-reset as a temporary storage space so that the value of a CSS Variable it can be used inside generated content (e.g. with the content property)."
- How to Keep Your CSS Grid Layouts Accessible
"Simple implementations of the CSS Grid layout aren't likely to lead to accessibility issues. Problems occur when you want to change the visual order or create multi-level grids."
- We are actively destroying the web | Go Make Things
"I don't really love negative, stick-based motivation. But too often, we seem comfortable building inaccessible experiences that "we'll fix later." That's not ok. You should feel like shit if you knowingly do that."
- Restarting W3C translations program | W3C Blog
"Additionally, the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) is launching a new effort to encourage more translations of accessibility resources (beyond specifications) and make them available throughout the WAI sub-site, as illustrated in a demo page."
- What's new on iOS 12.2 for Progressive Web Apps - Maximiliano Firtman - Medium
"Same bugs and disabled features as in previous versions: no access to Camera within a standalone PWA, no full support of Web App Manifest, no installation API, ghost windows, and no default launch image."
- Idiosyncrancies of the HTML parser - The HTML Parser Book
"Today, all browsers have conforming HTML parsers. This book will highlight the ins and outs of the HTML parser, and contains almost-impossible quizzes."