Diigo Bookmarks 03/29/2019
- News | NASA's Mars Helicopter Completes Flight Tests
"In late January 2019, all the pieces making up the flight model (actual vehicle going to the Red Planet) of NASA's Mars Helicopter were put to the test. Weighing in at no more than 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms), the helicopter is a technology demonstration project currently going through the rigorous verification process certifying it for Mars."
- Apple's new feature a step towards digital apartheid - Axess Lab
"This feature dropped like a bomb on the accessibility community and there's basically no information out there on it. Nothing in the release notes, nothing on Apple's site. It just appeared in the accessibility settings, and someone noticed and wrote a short article about it on Apple Vis."
- Usablenet - The Increased Demand for User Testing from the Disability Community
"A major force behind this rise in demand relates to the outpouring of legal action against large and small companies over the accessibility of their online platforms. Any settlements made in these lawsuits have stipulated that the companies involved perform user-based testing with the disability community."
- Scroll Anchoring in Firefox 66 - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"Scroll anchoring works to anchor the user to the content that they're looking at. As this content is moved by ads, screen rotations, screen resizes, or other causes, the page now scrolls to keep you at the same relative position to it."
- Three reasons why you need more control of your third-party tags
- Ahrefs, SEO toolset provider, to build their own search engine to compete with Google - Search Engine Land
"Why do this? Dmitry Gerasimenko said for two reasons, the first being privacy and the second being profit sharing. The privacy focus is similar to the DuckDuckGo model, a search engine that competes with Google on the proposition of not using user data for profit."