Diigo Bookmarks 03/17/2019
- Guide to scroll anchoring - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN
"Scroll anchoring is a browser feature that aims to solve this content jumping problem of content jumping if content loads in while the user has already scrolled to a new part of the document."
- 5 Techniques to Make Mobile Call to Action Buttons Intuitive
"There are a few UX techniques you can use to make a big difference on the intuitiveness of your call to action buttons."
- Better Numerical Inputs for Mobile Forms
"Adding pattern="[0-9]*" triggers iOS to bring up the obese-finger-friendly keypad instead of the just-alright numeric keypad riddled with punctuation. Usability wins and the crowd goes wild."
- if statements and for loops in CSS - QuirksBlog
"I feel that once you start understanding CSS, the fact that selectors are ifs/fors becomes less and less relevant. Instead, selectors are just selectors: great for relatively simple declarations; less so for very complex ones."
- Level Access Releases Access Analytics Version 4.0 for Web Accessibility - Level Access
"Access Analytics 4.0 monitors websites by testing every page to provide a near real-time measure of some of the most common and noticeable accessibility issues that are experienced by actual users."
- Usablenet - A Recap of 2018 ADA Web Accessibility Lawsuits and Primer on How to Avoid Them
"Unclear government guidance from the Department of Justice (DOJ) under the Trump administration, which means companies that are already working on the problem may become targets"
- Short note: The abbreviation appreciation society | TPG - Digital Accessibility Solutions
"Provide an expansion of the abbreviation/acronym, neuronym even, in plain text on first use, use an <abbr> to mark up the abbreviation, which provides a hint to user agents on how to announce/display the content"