Diigo Bookmarks 03/10/2019
- BEM: 4 Hang-Ups & How It Will Help Your CSS Organization
"The primary point of the BEM structure is to provide unique class names to style HTML elements. But often the concept of BEM is taken to an nth degree that exceeds the intentions of the method, resulting in improper implementation and, at times, frustration."
- SpaceX Splashdown Marks Success of First Commercial Crew Flight Test | NASA
"NASA passed a major milestone Friday in its goal to restore America's human spaceflight capability when SpaceX's Crew Dragon returned to Earth after a five-day mission docked to the International Space Station."
- Fighting uphill | Eric Bailey
"I view the issue largely as an education problem, and that education is tied into what the market demands."
- WebAIM: The WebAIM Million - An accessibility analysis of the top 1,000,000 home pages
"9.6% of home pages had a "skip" link present. However, 14.3% of these pages had skip links that were broken--either they were hidden in a way that made them inaccessible or the target for the skip link was not present in the page."
- The Firefox Experiments I Would Have Liked To Try
"I have been part of the Firefox Test Pilot team for several years. I had a long list of things I wanted to build. Some I didn't personally want to build, but I thought they were interesting ideas."
- Bandwidth or Latency: When to Optimise for Which - CSS Wizardry - CSS Architecture, Web Performance Optimisation, and more, by Harry Roberts
"A good rule of thumb to remember is that, for regular web browsing, improvements in latency would be more beneficial than improvements in bandwidth, and that improvements in bandwidth are noticed more when dealing with larger files."