Diigo Bookmarks 03/07/2019
- See No Evil: Hidden Content and Accessibility - Cloud Four
"It's important to ensure our websites are accessible to everyone, regardless of whether or not they use a screen reader, but with this myriad of options, how do we know when to use what?"
- Storybook 5.0 - Storybook - Medium
"Theming in Storybook is easier, more consistent, and better looking than ever. This is possible via new theme API, which improves upon the previous API that shipped in 4.0."
- Responsive Designs and CSS Custom Properties: Defining Variables and Breakpoints | CSS-Tricks
"there's a lot of ways to use CSS custom properties in responsive design, definitely not limited to the examples shown above. CSS variables can be used simply to separate the values from the designs."
- Why You Shouldn't Send Image-Only Emails
"Unlike screen readers, voice assistants do not seem to recognize ALT text and other HTML attributes, so even if you have set ALT text for your image-only email, it won't matter for this subset of your audience: the email will be completely blank to them."
- What Does AJAX Even Stand For? - The History of the Web
- W3C and FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard for Secure, Passwordless Logins
"WebAuthn allows users to log into their internet accounts using their preferred device. Web services and apps can -- and should--turn on this functionality to give their users the option to log in more easily via biometrics, mobile devices and/or FIDO security keys, and with much higher security over passwords alone."