Diigo Bookmarks 02/13/2019
- Making Google Fonts Faster - Clio + Calliope - Medium
"If we load the link's href into our browser, we see that Google Fonts loads a stylesheet of @font-face declarations for all the font styles that we requested in every character set that is available. Not all of these are used by default, thankfully."
- Please stop building inaccessible forms (and how to fix them)
"I regularly find inaccessible forms. In this post we'll check out one of the common accessibility problems and fix it."
- Is input type="date" ready for use in accessible websites?
"Is there enough support for input type="date" to make it safe to use as part of an accessible website, or web based application? While some browsers have pretty good support for input type="date", including our accessibility requirements, our answer, sadly, has to be... "No"."
- Considering accessibility when designing a usability test | Deque
"The goal-oriented script you will be writing to test whatever path, narrative, or functionality in the system is the same regardless of the user performing the test. Like all good usability test scripts, it should be devoid of leading language."
- w3c/epubcheck: Validation tool for EPUB
"EPUBCheck is a tool to validate the conformance of EPUB publications against the EPUB specifications. EPUBCheck can be run as a standalone command-line tool or used as a Java library."
- Accessibility testing tools - Updated 10th February 2019 | TPG - Digital Accessibility Solutions
"To aid us in our manual testing process we use a number of tools and assistive technologies, the following is not a complete list of the tools we use, but these are the tools I currently use on a daily basis"
- mozdevs/cssremedy: Start your project with a remedy for the technical debt of CSS.
"Sets CSS properties or values to what they would be if the CSSWG were creating the CSS today, from scratch, and didn't have to worry about backwards compatibility."