Diigo Bookmarks 02/06/2019
- Links that don't go anywhere should be buttons | Christian Heilmann
"Screen reader users, for example, can navigate a document in various ways. One of them is getting a list of all the links in the document. This prevents them from having to listen to the whole document to find a certain part of it."
- Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) | TPG - Digital Accessibility Solutions
"The Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) helps you determine the legibility of text and the contrast of visual elements, such as graphical controls and visual indicators."
- Don't Rely on Default Browser Error Messages - Intopia
"It's a shame that the validation feature in browsers doesn't work well for everyone. It would be really useful to have something basic and accessible as a fallback for more customised error messaging"
- Safari 12.1 Release Notes | Apple Developer Documentation
"Dark Mode for the Web. The ability to enable color scheme customizations for websites while in Dark Mode."
- Firefox 66 to block automatically playing audible video and audio - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"We only allow a site to play audio or video aloud via the HTMLMediaElement API once a web page has had user interaction to initiate the audio, such as the user clicking on a "play" button."
- Do I have to add a dark mode now? | Koos Looijesteijn
"It should be clear by now why I longer think adding a dark mode is silly. A dark mode can be a major improvement to a user interface and it doesn't have to be a lot of work to add it. But it really depends on the target group and use context."