Diigo Bookmarks 02/03/2019
- Measuring the Impact of a Design System - Cristiano Rastelli - Medium
"the changes in the main application codebase and the changes in the component library codebase showed a clear and evident correlation: since the introduction of the design system, and the adoption of the UI components from the library into the application, the amount of changes has significantly reduced."
- Why isn't the internet more fun and weird?
"The internet of 2019 is vital societal infrastructure. We depend on it to keep in touch with family, to pay for things, and so much more. Just because it got serious doesn't mean it can't be fun and weird."
- Settlement Shows Limits of a "Separate-But-Equal" Approach to Digital Accessibility - Level Access
"There's another big problem with separate assistive websites: they assume all users with disabilities are the same and have the same needs."
- Accessibility is trendy (and that's a good thing) - UX Collective
"Business and technological realities are making it easier to bridge human needs within our products and experiences. Accessibility, today, is trendy. That's a good thing. Because accessibility, tomorrow, will no longer be trendy. It'll be the norm."
- Benchmarking CDNs: CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly, and Google Cloud - Pingdom Royal
"Once again, Google Cloud CDN is the fastest. However, AWS CloudFront and Cloudflare compete for the second position, with CloudFront overall having better latency times for users. Overall, however, response times are generally worse for users."
- Mismatch - Stories About Inclusive Design
"Mismatch.design is a community and a digital magazine dedicated to advancing inclusive design."