Diigo Bookmarks 01/01/2019
- Benefits of a Single Text Field Versus Multiple Text Fields - 24 Accessibility
"We ask them to use certain separators, formats, and characters. This doesn't make filling a form easier for users; that merely makes it easier for developers to handle the entered data."
- Performance Calendar » How the sausage is made - WebPerfWG meeting summary
"We had attendees from four large browser vendors (Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome), CDN/analytics providers (Akamai) as well as large web properties (Facebook, Baidu, Wikimedia and 360.cn)."
- SpeedCurve | Load scripts async
"While it's necessary that scripts get executed in the order specified, there's no reason they can't be downloaded in parallel so that the execution daisy chain moves more quickly. To achieve this, browsers created a lightweight parser called the preloader."
- New CSS Logical Properties! - Elad Shechter - Medium
"Before you start using the new logical properties, you need to stop thinking in terms of left/right or top/bottom, and replace them with inline-start/inline-end and block-start/block-end."
- Modality Is the One UX Concept That Most Designers Don't Fully Understand
"Modal Screens solve a simple problem: Users are easily distracted, so you have to grab their full attention sometimes (source). A Modal Screen does exactly that: it requires people to focus on a single task before continuing."
- Visibility Design - Research
"We use scientific methods to improve the legibility of typefaces and pictograms."