Diigo Bookmarks 11/29/2018
- What If? - CSS Wizardry - CSS Architecture, Web Performance Optimisation, and more, by Harry Roberts
"While ever you build under the assumption that things will always work smoothly, you're leaving yourself completely ill-equipped to handle the scenario that they don't. Remember the fallacies; think about resilience."
- It's not about the device. -- Ethan Marcotte
"I'd only say this, which is what I say every time I find out about a new device, a new browser, a new whatever that'll be accessing my work: It's not about the device."
- NASA's InSight lands on Mars with braille 'easter egg' hidden in sight | collectSPACE
"A camera calibration target sits on the deck of the NASA's InSight lander, adorned with the flags of the countries participating in the mission, as well as an "easter egg," a message in coded in braille."
- Why and how to use WebP images today
"WebP is an incredibly useful format because it offers both performance and features. Unlike other formats, WebP supports both lossy and lossless compression, as well as transparency and animation."
- Voice User Interfaces (VUI) -- The Ultimate Designer's Guide
"While there's a vast spectrum of VUI, they all share a set of common UX fundamentals that drive usability. We'll explore those fundamentals so, as a user, you can dissect your everyday VUI interactions -- and, as a designer, you can build better experiences."