Diigo Bookmarks 04/03/2018
- Creating Themeable Design Systems | Brad Frost
"Is it possible to create a single design system that powers wildly different-looking brands and experiences? The answer is yes!"
- RSS Readers Are Due for a Comeback: Feedly, The Old Reader, Inoreader | WIRED
"in this age of algorithmic overreach there's something deeply satisfying about finding stories beyond what your loudest Twitter follows shared, or that Facebook's News Feed optimized into your life."
- SVG Filtering for Windows High Contrast Mode | Adrian Roselli
"Microsoft Edge's support for CSS background images in WHCM (Internet Explorer and early versions of Edge hid background images until two years ago)"
- Google's machine learning software can now categorize ramen by shop - The Verge
"Data scientist Kenji Doi did the delicious research, using Google's AutoML Vision to classify every menu item from Ramen Jiro, a Tokyo-based chain of ramen shops. He gathered about 1,170 photos from each of the 41 shops, and fed the dataset of 48,000 ramen photos to the software."
- Contextual styling with custom properties
"If you wonder why use data-theme attributes over classes? Well, no specific reason. Maybe with attributes, it's a hint that only one theme should be used per element and is more separated from your other classes."
- Tables, JSON, CSS, ARIA, RWD, TLAs... | Adrian Roselli
"All of these tell me that for my cases, keeping it semantically a table regardless of viewport is the better approach."