Diigo Bookmarks 01/25/2018
- Now You See Me: How To Defer, Lazy-Load And Act With IntersectionObserver -- Smashing Magazine
"IntersectionObserver is an async non-blocking API! IntersectionObserver replaces our expensive listeners on scroll or resize events."
- Keeping aspect-ratio with HTML and no padding tricks
"This, no matter how large the grid is, will maintain an aspect-ratio of 7/2, is pretty easy to read, supported on IE11 (with the old grid syntax) and doesn't require special hacks."
- Safari 11.1
"Service Workers. Implement background scripts for offline web applications and faster web pages."
- Digital Accessibility Legal Update (and more) at CSUN 2018 - Law Office of Lainey Feingold
"This will be one presentation repeated three times so everyone who wants to attend can!"
- Five ways AI changes the face of Web Accessibility
"Did you know that AI is already beating the world's top lip-reading experts by a ratio of 4 to 1? Again, through massive exposure to data, building blocks of AI have learned to recognize patterns and mouth shapes over time. These systems can now interpret what people are saying."
- Accessibility: An Interview with Kate Finn and Jeff Johnson :: UXmatters
"Infinitely segmenting your target users or consumers is obviously time-consuming and would yield diminishing returns. Plus, there are general user-interface recommendations that should cover the entire range of possible users and consumers"