Diigo Bookmarks 01/20/2018
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Using page speed in mobile search ranking
"Today we're announcing that starting in July 2018, page speed will be a ranking factor for mobile searches."
- LukeW | Apple.com's Visual Hierarchy
"Over the past 17 years, Apple.com's visual style had changed through the application of new fonts, colors, and textures but its underlying layout (or its visual organization) had not."
- LukeW | The Increasing Size of Smartphones
"Over the course of just three years, active smartphones with 5.5" to 6" screens grew from 7.5% to 43% according to Scientia Mobile's panel of mobile Web browsing activity."
- Interactive email using SVG and SMIL
"SMIL is SVGs' internal animation and interaction system. It is potentially very powerful as within the SVG viewport a different set of design rules apply. You can layout not just vector graphics but raster images and live text very freely and then apply interaction and motion."
- Meet the New Dialog Element
"HTML 5.2 has introduced a new
- Impact of 3G vs 4G Connections on User Experience across Countries | Dexecure
"What we define as 3G (or 4G) varies from country to country. Use a real device and test on real networks based on your target user's profile."
- Cropping & Scaling Images Using SVG Documents
"If you need to crop and scale an image in Internet Explorer and provide support back to IE9, you can do that by wrapping the image in an <svg>, and using the viewBox and preserveAspectRatio attributes to do what object-fit and object-position do."
- Stop Making Your Components Able to Do Everything - codeburst
"Code is read many more times than it is written. Abstractions add changeability but increase cognitive load. The ones that are actually needed save money, those that aren't increase costs every time anyone looks at the code."