Diigo Bookmarks 01/13/2018
- Improving URLs for AMP pages - Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
"We are making changes to how AMP works in platforms such as Google Search that will enable linked pages to appear under publishers' URLs instead of the google.com/amp URL space while maintaining the performance and privacy benefits of AMP Cache serving."
- How Dreamweaver Got Its Name - The History of the Web
"After a few months of collecting data, Lynch turned his research into a document called 19 Dreams and handed it over to his employers at Macromedia."
- "display: contents" is coming - Rego's Everyday Life
"display: contents can be used as a replacement of subgrids (which are not supported by any browser at this point) in some use cases."
- A brief look at HTML 5.2 Dialog | Kenan Yusuf
"HTML Dialog has been hanging around for awhile, but until recently, was not part of W3C's recommended spec. Now that major browsers have started to support the dialog element, we are likely to see it being used more widely."
- Demystifying CSS alignment - Patrick Brosset - Medium
"In this post, I'd like to talk about alignment a little bit. What it means in Flexbox and Grid and how to think about it more generally too, so you can be equipped for the future, when aligning in Blocks, Multi-Columns, Tables, Grids and Flexbox all works the same."
- Understanding WCAG 2.1 - Reviewing Cognitive Success Criteria
"In a nutshell, imagine that each common purpose control on a website had a programmatic identification so that you could always easily find where's the search on this page. This SC is coming in as a double-A proposed success criteria and it's specifically from the cognitive taskforce."
- Chrome is turning into the new Internet Explorer 6 - The Verge
"Chrome, in other words, is being used in the same way that Internet Explorer 6 was back in the day -- with web developers primarily optimizing for Chrome and tweaking for rivals later."