Diigo Bookmarks 11/28/2017
- Web Truths: Publishing on the web using web standards is easy and amazing | Christian Heilmann
"We're past the format of the publication. We need to get people excited again about owning their data. For our sake and theirs."
- Designing For A Browserless Web -- Smashing Magazine
"We've seen debates on the topic of native versus web experiences. Both have their pros and cons, but very often the biggest downside of the in-browser experience is that it doesn't feel as reliable, fast and immersive as the native app experience."
- The Web's First Photo - The History of the Web
"This is the first photo ever posted to the World Wide Web. There were other images. This is the first photograph. The picture is of Les Horribles Cernettes, a parody pop band based out of CERN."
- Learn CSS Grid in 5 Minutes - freeCodeCamp
"In this article, I'll take you through the very basics of CSS Grid as quickly as possible. I'll be leaving out everything you shouldn't care about until you've understood the basics."
- The Typekit Blog | New on Typekit: Load web fonts with CSS
- Do WCAG Guidelines Apply to Kiosks? - Wuhcag
"When the topic of kiosk accessibility arises, WCAG and Section 508 guidelines are not the first regulation that come to mind. Instead, the American Disabilities Act (ADA) offers specific hardware requirements for kiosk manufacturers and deployers."