Diigo Bookmarks 11/24/2017
- W3C Strategic Highlights - November 2017
"Continued dialog in China, including on increased adoption of WCAG and authorized translation of ATAG 2.0"
- HTML Email and Accessibility | CSS-Tricks
"Accessibility in email doesn't have to consume a lot of time, though. There are a few simple practices you can build into your own campaigns that will make your emails more accessible and your subscribers even happier."
- Advocating for Accessible UI Design | CSS-Tricks
"When we see small social media icons, I think the general assumption is that they link to the relevant social media profiles. Sometimes, however, these icons are actually actions that, rather than linking to a profile, open a "New Tweet" dialog or similar."
- Microsoft selects Deque's aXe for Sonarwhal Project
"We're thrilled to see our work leveraged in open source projects from Microsoft and Google, since it means tech giants recognize our expertise in automated accessibility testing. Why reinvent the wheel, when there's already a well-maintained library out there?"
- A Dao of Responsive Liquid - Zeldman on Web & Interaction Design
"It's easy to view our current design thinking as more evolved than what we practiced in the past. And in some ways, it is. But if you read between the lines, it's fair to say that our thinking was always advanced. It's only now that our tools are beginning to catch up."
- Section 508 Gets an Update: New Web Accessibility Guidelines for Government Sites Take Effect in January
"Section 508 is a 2001 amendment to the Workforce Rehabilitation Act of 1973, designed to help sweeping accessibility legislation keep pace with the rapidly evolving nature of technology. Early this year, lawmakers passed a long-awaited refresh of Section 508 that goes into effect Jan. 18."
- 5 Ways to Make Your App More Accessible - Axess Lab
"Users spend a large portion of their days in apps. However, there is not yet as much focus on app accessibility as web accessibility. It's time to change that!"