Diigo Bookmarks 11/04/2017
- Mobile Accessibility Testing Guide for Android and iOS - free | The Paciello Group - Your Accessibility Partner (WCAG 2.0/508 audits, VPAT, usability and accessible user experience)
"The TPG Mobile Accessibility Testing for Android and iOS (PDF, 2.6MB) is a free accessible PDF outlining how to test native apps and the web for accessibility on Android and iOS. It provides an overview of accessibility settings, how to use them and common testing tools."
- A Responsive Accessible Table | Adrian Roselli
"I am going to attempt to break it down to give you enough information to make your own responsive, accessible table because my example will likely not fit your case precisely (or closely?)."
- Apple's iOS 11 overtakes 10.3 in under a month | StatCounter Global Stats
"Statcounter Global Stats reports that iOS 11 reached 42% of all iOS versions worldwide in October compared to 35.5% for iOS 10.3. On a daily basis, iOS 11 overtook 10.3 on October 12th, less than a month after its release on September 19th."
- Digital Personal Assistants: The Next Big Thing | Stone Temple
"all the devices that we think of as being internet connected today will be a small minority of the total number of internet connected devices. Think about that for a second: An internet-enabled TV, a thermostat, a refrigerator, your car. These are places where you're not typing something, so as they get more sophisticated, your primary interaction will be voice-based."
- Add Progressive Web Apps to your Home screen in Firefox for Android ★ Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"When a Firefox 58 user arrives on a website that is served over HTTPS and has a valid manifest, a subtle badge will appear in the address bar: when tapped, an "Add to Home screen" confirmation dialog will slide in, through which the web app can be added to the Android home screen."
- The Web Fundamentals Gap
"I think we need to ditch the SPA elitism, and re-emphasize the importance of the fundamentals and choosing appropriate tooling for the problems being solved."