Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/16/2023
- HTML Web Components - Jim Nielsen's Blog
"With web components, you might even say React's component model is being ported to the browser. But it's being done in a way that works to enhance how the web already works, not replace it."
- HTML First
"Leveraging the default capabilities of modern web browsers. Leveraging the extreme simplicity of HTML's attribute syntax. Leveraging the web's ViewSource affordance."
- Introduction and CEO goals and aspirations | 2023 | Blog | W3C
"My goal is both simple and ambitious - to ensure the durability and viability of the mission to have one Web, one worldwide platform that enables the interconnectivity of humanity."
- Cookie Permissions 101
"Cookie permissions need to follow the law and strike the balance between respecting user privacy and being user-friendly."
- When to use CSS text-wrap: balance; vs text-wrap: pretty; - Stephanie Stimac's Blog
"Use text-wrap: balance; on headings and subheadings. And use text-wrap: pretty; on paragraphs of text to get rid of orphans on the last line. Despite the Chromium-only support, these would be a good candidate for progressive enhancement."
- AFixt, Inc. Website remediation service focusing on ensuring compliance with accessibility regulations and standards such as ADA, WCAG, EAA, AODA, and EN 301 549
"Our core mission is simple: to ensure websites and applications are swiftly brought into compliance with accessibility standards, all without the hassle of prolonged audits or the band-aid solutions often offered by "accessibility widgets.""
- Totally remdom, or How browsers zoom text - Manuel Matuzovic
"Ultimately, it doesn't matter how browsers zoom text; what matters is that users can use that feature and that you build interfaces that respect user preferences."