Raindrop.io Bookmarks 01/03/2023
- Design System Maturity Levels -- Derek Boman
"Too many companies approach a design system as one-and-done. In my experience, that's the wrong way to think about it. Think product, not project."
- Hierarchy strips in user interfaces | by Michal Malewicz | Dec, 2022 | UX Collective
"Hierarchy strips show that you understand not only what spacings or fonts to use, but also why you're making that card design in the first place."
- IDN is crazy | daniel.haxx.se
"Already from the start of the IDN adventure, people realized that Unicode contains a lot of symbols that are identical or almost identical to other symbols, so you can make up the perfect fake sites that provide no or very little visual distinction from the one you try to look like."
- The State Of Usability In 2023 -- Smashing Magazine
"The most important notion for me (and the most disappointing one) is that users, in general, don't seem to trust websites. They are often seen as "hostile", "unfriendly", "busy", "annoying," and "confusing". That's why the default attitude towards any website is pretty much the same: block everything!"
- If you are afraid of AI, you may not be the best UX Designer out there | by Matt Jedraszczyk | Dec, 2022 | UX Collective
"If you build solutions or wireframes based on "benchmarks" only and "templates" without asking why and for who you are building the solution, you are like AI. You will "produce" something like User Journey Map, but it won't bring any real value."
- The State of Mobile User Experience
"Mobile design has become more consistent across different sites, applications, and even operating systems and users have learned to use and depend on mobile-specific patterns such as the hamburger menu. There is less and less need to access a desktop site on a mobile device."