Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/29/2022
- Upgrade Your HTML IV · Jens Oliver Meiert
"Apart from discussing the appropriate use and the subtleties of HTML elements, this edition covers general topics like conformance, maintainability, and the balancing of optimization vectors."
- Newer Things to Know About Good Ol' HTML Lists | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks
"Oddly, Safari considers this to be a feature rather than a bug. Basically, users would report that screen readers were announcing too many lists (because developers tend to overuse them), so now, only those with role="list" are announced by screen readers, which actually isn't that odd after all."
"For keyboard accessibility purposes, most of the job is done with basic tools that open many possibilities for keyboard interactivity. This article covers a toolset that you can mix into different components to improve accessibility for keyboard users."
- Incorporating Accessible Design Elements into Your Web Site :: UXmatters
"if you want to develop a new Web site for your business, you must build a team that is proficient in making Web sites that are fully accessible for all users."
- Setting up a screen reader testing environment on your computer - Sara Soueidan, inclusive design engineer
"In this chapter, we will walk through setting up a screen reader testing environment on your computer. We will discuss software options you have to do that (both free and premium), and what screen reader and browser combinations to test with."
- Addressing concerns about CSS Speech - Tink - Léonie Watson
"The concern is that if a website makes your screen reader talk faster or louder, or in a different voice, or if it forces your screen reader to speak content in a particular way, it could make the content difficult or impossible to understand."