Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/22/2022
- Be good-argument-driven, not data-driven - Richard Marmorstein
"The trouble begins when you begin to favor bad arguments that involve data over good arguments that don't, or insist that metrics be introduced in realms where data can't realistically be the foundation of a good argument."
- Submit your proposals for Interop 2023
"We are thrilled at the progress of Interop 2022 that we've made together and are excited to announce that Interop 2023 is happening!"
- Designing Better Inline Validation UX -- Smashing Magazine
"In my experience, whenever we try to flag the issues with empty fields, too often we will be pointing out mistakes prematurely. A calmer option is to validate empty fields only on submit, as it's a clear indicator that a user indeed has overlooked a required input as they wish to proceed to the next step."
- Google Developers Blog: Updates to Emoji: New Characters, New Animation, New Color Customization, and More!
"Thanks to a new font format called COLRv1, color fonts -- such as Noto Color emoji -- can render with the crispness we've come to expect from digital imagery."
- First Batch of Color Fonts Arrives on Google Fonts - Material Design
"Even if you've never heard of "color fonts," you probably use them everyday; emoji are color fonts. Color fonts enable color specification within the font file--and one glyph can have multiple colors. Non-color fonts (i.e., most existing fonts) only specify where color goes."
- The details and summary elements, again | scottohara.me
"Saying don't use them isn't really practical and there's a lot of good things about them. But they do have bugs. I filed some. It'd be great if other people would file some too!"