Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/11/2022
- Hybrid positioning with CSS variables and max() - Lea Verou
"when you use CSS variables, this does not work as expected. The browser doesn't know if your property value is valid until the variable is resolved, and by then it has already processed the cascade and has thrown away any potential fallbacks."
- The Realities And Myths Of Contrast And Color -- Smashing Magazine
"Dark mode, in particular, has demonstrated that older metrics and WCAG_2 contrast included here are not up to the task of calculating contrasts over the visual range."
- :has(): the family selector - Chrome Developers
- How I Made a Pure CSS Puzzle Game | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks
"Specifying only the transition-delay is enough, but using big values on both the delay and the duration decreases the chance that a player ever sees the image move back."
- Parents counting children in CSS - Manuel Matuzović
"You shouldn't use it to communicate important information, because changes may only be reflected visually and not semantically."
"the trademark is a dark cloud looming over the world's most popular programming language. Careful law abiding engineers bend over backwards to avoid its use - leading to confusing terms like ECMAScript."