Raindrop.io Bookmarks 05/17/2022
- More common accessibility issues that you can fix today | hidde.blog
"Last month, I wrote about fixing common accessibility issues. That post seems to have resonated with people, so I have written up five more fixes you could do to your codebase today."
- Contextual Spacing For Intrinsic Web Design | Modern CSS Solutions
"We've just reviewed more appropriate techniques to ensure context-dependent, intrinsic sizing and spacing of elements. Viewport-relative media queries aren't scalable for every context and are no longer the best tool for the job."
- Motion DevTools
"A browser extension for inspecting and editing web animations."
- Accessible color for design systems just got easier | by Nate Baldwin | May, 2022 | Medium
"Now, Leonardo has been improved to streamline the process of creating design systems color themes and color scales for data visualizations. With these updates to Leonardo, what would traditionally take hours of work can be done in minutes."
- Test in many browsers | hidde.blog
"I guess I can understand the idea that organisations prioritise browser support by browser market share. But shouldn't we want browser diversity and browser engine diversity?"
- Top 2021 CSS Frameworks Report, Part 2: Validation
"But what would happen if the browser breaks when it finds an error in CSS? Imagine how many sites would stop working. We complain about CSS all the time, but CSS is too kind to us. It lets us make mistakes unpunished."