Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/13/2021
- An Analysis of Feed URLs - Jim Nielsen's Blog
"URL design is one of the most important aspects of any web site--and I don't think that's exclusive to URLs for HTML resources."
- Colorblind Accessibility Manifesto
"Although it may seem that color blind people are few, there are actually 350 million. 350 million people you're closing the door on when you don't make your site accessible."
- Element diversity - Manuel Matuzović
- Image SVG aria-hack=resolved | scottohara.me
"While there was a significant issue with the iOS VoiceOver behavior, with the context of how an SVG would otherwise need to be exposed, if not a source of an <img> element, it is not entirely outside of the realm of reason as to 'why' such images were exposed as 'groups'."
- crossed out content - HTMHell
"HTML provides us with 2 different ways of identifying crossed out text*, the s and the del element."
- How the European Accessibility Act will affect the UK | AbilityNet
"Susanna Laurin, Chief Research and Innovation Officer at Funka, and also Representative to the EU for the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP), sharing her insights into the European Accessibility Act"
- 4 aria-mistakes Worth Solving - Maxability
"No ARIA is better than bad ARIA. This is one of the core rules of WAI ARIA. Learning how to write good ARIA roles, states and properties is important to create accessible and inclusive experiences. One of the ways to make it better is to avoid common aria-mistakes."