Raindrop.io Bookmarks 06/07/2021
- How to extract gifs, images & more from Google Slides decks - Paul Bakaus' blog
"Solution: Save as Microsoft PowerPoint file, rename to zip, extract!"
- The web we choose to build. Principles for user-centred front-end... | by Colin Oakley | Apr, 2021 | Medium
"As a front-end developer, it's sometimes difficult to place yourself in a company or even in a project. Principles can help frame what we do and give us a focus."
- Can I :has()
"Primarily, even without :has() it's pretty hard to live up to performance guarantees of CSS, where everything continue to evaluate and render "live" at 60fps."
- The hidden world of aria-hidden - HTML Accessibility
"Chrome exposes focusable aria-hidden content with focusable, invisible states in the accessibility tree. Firefox does not."
- Component-level art direction with CSS Container Queries
"if we're art-directing images inside components, we'll want them to respond to the component's size, not the viewport. After all, this is the kind of responsive behavior that we've needed for so long and that Container Queries now provides us with."
- Inherit, initial, unset, revert - QuirksBlog
"Today we're going to take a quick look at a few special CSS keywords you can use on any CSS property: inherit, initial, revert, and unset. Also, we will ask where and when to use them to the greatest effect, and if we need more of those keywords."