Raindrop.io Bookmarks 05/02/2021
- Accessibility is more than a technical problem | by Devon Persing | Apr, 2021 | Shopify UX
"I'm going to recommend you think about the types of experiences disabled users may have rather than trying to build solutions for individual types of users."
- Narrow Winn-Dixie Court Opinion Limits Certain Types of Web Accessibility Lawsuits in three U.S. States - Law Office of Lainey Feingold
"This is an article about a court Opinion in the United States. The court found that the website of the Winn-Dixie grocery store did not have to be accessible to blind shoppers. The ruling only applies in three states -- Florida, Georgia, and Alabama."
- Seeing the wood for the trees: demystifying markup in 2021 - TPGi
"It's likely that we'll never return to those halcyon days where markup was simple to read and understand. The barrier to entry for those working on the web has been raised significantly, and the skills required to be a developer just keep on growing."
- Don't you forget about me: overlooked breakpoints in responsive design. | Polypane, The Browser For Building.
"More importantly though, 320px is an accessibility requirement. The WCAG success criterion 1.4.10, "Reflow", indicates that at 320 CSS pixels wide you should not have a horizontal scroll bar."
- Global performance insights for your site | Lighthouse Metrics
"Lighthouse Metrics provides easy insights for your site's performance. Save your time by running tests from multiple locations to get the valuable insight you need."
- How to style and define the color of radio and checkbox inputs | Stefan Judis Web Development
"we'll be able to define the highlight color of radios and checkboxes using the accent-color CSS property. It allows to match form controls with the website's style and colors."
- GitHub Pages: Permissions-Policy: interest-cohort=() Header added to all pages sites - GitHub Changelog
"All GitHub Pages sites served from the github.io domain will now have a Permissions-Policy: interest-cohort=() header set."
- Mighty | Faster Google Chrome that uses 10x less memory
"Mighty is a new browser that lets you have more tabs while taking 10x less memory."