Raindrop.io Bookmarks 04/09/2021
- Design-ish systems. -- Ethan Marcotte
"Well, I think it's worth asking: why create a design system? Personally, I've always been lightly skeptical of the "consistency" argument."
- Sortable Table Columns | Adrian Roselli
"WCAG offers some guidance on what to do and ARIA provides attributes to expose the states to screen readers. But I have found that bringing it all together can frustrate teams, particularly when factoring in browser support, screen reader heuristics, and lack of experience in testing."
- The Current State of Mobile UX (18 Common Pitfalls) - Articles - Baymard Institute
"Ensure There's Adequate Space between Tappable Elements (66% Don't) / Ensure an Adequate Hit Area for Tappable Elements (32% Don't)"
- The anatomy of a design trend. A discussion of the theory of design... | by Jens Mühlstedt | Mar, 2021 | UX Collective
"Key Insights: (1) Design trends can be structured in megatrends, macro trends, micro trends and fads. (2) A design trend map can help structuring design trends over time. (3) If design trend reports are done by single persons, they are typically more inspiring than those done by groups/organizations."
- HTML defines a ping attribute on anchor elements (links) | Stefan Judis Web Development
"The anchor element's ping attribute accepts a space-separated list of URLs. When an anchor defines ping URLs and someone clicks it, the browser sends a POST request to these specified URLs."
- UX Design Challenges | UX Tools
"Practice with real-world exercises. Train yourself in crucial skills and tools. Take away portfolio-worthy deliverables. Useful for beginners and experts alike."