Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/21/2020
- Everyone Should Have Access to the Web - The History of the Web
"Covid-19 has supercharged this process. The web is a lifeline in this crisis and yet it is a lifeline denied to billions just when they need it most."
- Ending Firefox support for Flash - Future Releases
"The Adobe Flash plugin will stop loading Flash content after January 12, 2021."
- Upgrade Your HTML II · Jens Oliver Meiert
"Keep document structures simpler, use semantically more appropriate markup, write less HTML, question certain techniques, deal more intelligently with third-party code--there are many ways to improve HTML code."
- Copyediting with Semantic HTML | CSS-Tricks
"Tracking changes is a quintessential copyediting feature for comparing versions of content. While we're used to tracking changes in a word processing document, we actually have HTML elements capable of that."
- Under-Engineered Responsive Tables | Adrian Roselli
"Yes, you can apply CSS display properties to reflow the table, but some browsers break the semantics and a screen reader user will be stranded (yes, even at the end of 2020 this is still true). You will then have to add the semantics back with ARIA roles."
- New WebKit Features in Safari 14 | WebKit
"This release of WebKit in Safari 14 adds support for the WebP open-source image format. It offers content authors smaller file sizes for lossy and lossless formats with advanced features like alpha-channel transparency and animations."