Raindrop.io Bookmarks 06/28/2020
- RIP simplicity. Apple's era of design customization is here
"Apple has found, as it has scaled to nearly every corner of the earth, that one size doesn't fit all."
- Scripted User Flow Testing vs. End-To-End Testing for Accessibility | Deque
"if your organization doesn't have an automated test environment set-up, axe DevTools CLI is a great solution for running scripted user flows for the most important features of functions on your website or application."
- Grid Cheatsheet
"Demos for W3C CSS Grid Specification https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1"
- No - Safari 14 Does Not Block Google Analytics | Simo Ahava's blog
"Google Analytics does not require cross-site tracking capabilities, and Safari does not block its use. Naturally, it does limit how effective it is, but that's another story."
- Accessible to some - Manuel Matuzović
"Only 1.9% of the tested home pages pass automatic testing, which is fine, but it doesn't mean that there aren't any barriers on these websites either. True accessibility extends beyond automated tests and WCAG regulations."
- Is WebP really better than JPEG? - siipo.la
"I think AVIF is a really exciting development and compared to WebP it seems like a true next-generation codec with about 30% better compression ratio compared to libjpeg."
- The End of OS X - Stratechery by Ben Thompson
"Fortunately macOS 11.0 preserves its NeXTSTEP heritage: non-Mac App Store apps are still allowed, for better (new use cases constrained only by imagination and permissions dialogs) and worse (access to other apps and your files)."