Diigo Bookmarks 01/05/2020
"It's a really neat way to stop yourself from constantly switching between Dark and Light Mode and stay better focused on your work in Dark Mode. You can master Dark Mode per App and choose which mode works best for you."
- Inclusive Design: Bring Web Accessibility to Your Nonprofit - MacArthur Foundation
"We engaged WebAIM to provide tangible steps and clear guidance to make websites more accessible. We hope this guide will be a valuable resource to help grantees and nonprofits establish more inclusive digital environments."
- Tools for designing good-looking accessible interfaces
"Interfaces can be aesthetically pleasing, while also remaining accessible. And luckily, these days there are a lot of tools out there to help us achieve that!"
- Choosing the right UI component for communication with your users
"In this article, I'll explain how to choose the right UI component for the type of message you want to deliver to your users. For this purpose, I created a friction scale which rates UI components according to the level of friction they create for users."
- Putting devs before users: how frameworks destroyed web performance
"A well built, performant website can be created with any framework or type of technology in existence. It may be harder with some than others, but it can be done. The issue is the developer and designer mindset in many companies."
- 5 Things To Stop Doing In Mobile App Design -- Smashing Magazine
"We're going to look at the 5 things mobile app designers should stop doing so they can create more streamlined and positive user experiences."
- Case study: web design focused on interaction design.
"Today I would like to share the web design case study of an Artist, Nam Sin Kwak,'s portfolio website."