Diigo Bookmarks 12/25/2019
- vivus.js - svg animation
- A Whole Bunch of Places to Consider Contrast in a Single Paragraph | CSS-Tricks
"It just occurred to me that color contrast isn't quite as simple as checking a single link color on a background to make sure it passes. There might be a dozen or more things to check depending on how many things you colorize in your body copy."
- POURing ARIA into the HTML element specs - 24 Accessibility
"what's that new section called "Accessibility considerations" doing there? There's a link "For authors" and a link "For implementers." Where do they lead?"
- Highlights of the HTTP Archive Web Almanac
"I spent my Sunday reading the HTTP archive web almanac and shared the surprising and interesting pieces in a Twitter thread. I like to own my data - so here we have the thread on my own site. Enjoy!"
- Pixels vs. Relative Units in CSS: why it's still a big deal - 24 Accessibility
"If you use relative CSS units for your typography styles, you can maintain the fidelity of your layouts without negatively impacting the needs of your users."
- Four Ways Design Systems Can Promote Accessibility - and What They Can't Do ◆ 24 ways
"Even with the help of a thoughtfully created design system, it's still possible to make really inaccessible products if you're not actively working to remove barriers."