Diigo Bookmarks 08/07/2019
- How using component-based design helps us build faster
"because the legacy website had no universal button component and many different variations even within re-used button code, this involved manually updating and visually verifying 442 different instances of buttons."
- Why 'Accessibility' Isn't an Ugly Word
"How do we change mindsets and prepare teams for the next design mantra of "accessible by design"?"
- Ethics in the Digital Accessibility Legal Space: ADA Enforcement Cases or Something Else? - Law Office of Lainey Feingold
"Lawyers who, I believe, have seized on the Americans with Disabilities Act as a quick money-maker, with no concern for possible backlash or creating bad precedent."
- FEDERAL ADA TITLE III LAWSUIT NUMBERS CONTINUE TO CLIMB IN 2019 | ADA Title III
"For the period from January 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019, our research team counted 5,592 ADA Title III lawsuits filed in federal court, versus 4,965 filed in first six months of 2018. That's a 12% increase."
- Top 10 most deadly CSS mistakes made by new and experienced developers - Painless CSS
"Making sure to keep the job of "lipstick" separate from the job of "layout" is also known as separation of concerns, and this is a common software engineering principle that helps keep our code maintainable and easy-to-understand."
- Ooops, I guess we're full-stack developers now.
"While we're being all productive and amazing, let's just remember that doing a good job is everybodies job."
- Responsive Iframes | CSS-Tricks
"There is the experimental intrinsicsize attribute that I could imagine being quite nice for iframes in addition to images. Plus there is the hopefully-will-exist-soon aspect-ratio in CSS and the idea that it could default to use the width and height attributes on the element, which I hope would extend to iframes."