Diigo Bookmarks 06/21/2019
- HTML is the Web ~ Pete Lambert
"If you call yourself a frontend engineer, it's your responsibility to learn and use the basics - the one thing that's common across every browser, platform, device or household appliance that can access the Web."
- VoiceOver on the iPhone turns 10 - and turns blind access up to 11 | AbilityNet
"Ever since iOS 11 Apple has been using the new machine learning features to guess objects and text on pictures and having VoiceOver read them out if you performed a 3-finger tap to get additional information."
- Optimizing Google Fonts Performance -- Smashing Magazine
"With an estimated 53% of the top 1 million websites using Google Fonts, implementing these optimizations can have a huge impact."
- How to Section Your HTML | CSS-Tricks
"When I need to reach for an <h7>, I'll often use the implied role="heading" from an <h6> element instead. The aria-level attribute will override the implicit "6" level of the <h6> element. This isn't exactly endorsed by the W3C though."
- Firefox: The Evolution Of A Brand - Mozilla Open Design
"Now Firefox has a new look to support its evolving product line. Today we're introducing the Firefox parent brand -- an icon representing the entire family of products. When you see it, it's your invitation to join Firefox and gain access to everything we have to offer."
- The Truth about Web Components and Frameworks - Dion Almaer
"If we can honestly look at ourselves and feel like we are doing the right thing there, the rest is gravy. It's OK living in the gray. It's OK not having worked out the perfect abstractions, yet."